Sunday, August 17, 2014

June Woodfiring - Unloading

Wow - it's been a while huh?  Realized I hadn't posted the results from my woodfire in late June so I'm getting all caught up. :-)

When we closed up the kiln at the end of the firing, I knew we wouldn't be unloading for quite a while since our grandkids were coming to visit and we wanted to wait to do the unloading while they were here.  


Once my helpers were here, we were able to get this kiln unloaded and see all the fun things inside.


Here are a few of my favorites




 










This firing had lots of great ash action especially those things closest to the fire box.  This mug turned out super gorgeous, but was unfortunately very stuck to the shelf.  It's currently on my seconds table due to the amount of grinding needed to free it. 


All in all, it was a wonderful firing and I was so fortunate to be able to unload when I had such great help available. 

No comments: